Re: Topband: 24th January 2007 Conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 24th January 2007 Conditions
From: markwa1ion@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:30:55 -0500
Eddy VE3CUI / VE3XZ commented on extraordinary 160-m conditions to
Europe.

I noted the following on high-end AM band frequencies, also bearing out
the fact that conditions have taken a decided turn for the better.

Heard around 0145 UTC / 25 JAN [8:45 p.m. EST / 24 JAN]:
1593 Kuwait VOA - Special English; good
1575 UAE R. Farda - Farsi teletalk; very good
1548 Kuwait R. Sawa - dance music; local-like (much stronger than 1550)
1521 Saudi Arabia - Arabic talk; overwhelming WWKB. On later than
usual.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
Billerica, MA, USA
Drake R8A; Flag antenna

<<
It sure did pay-off to have that extra glass of water before bedtime
last
night...!

I awoke just after midnight local time (EST), & found that the band ---
besides
being quite full with a good variety of European stations --- contained
what
seemed like more than its usual share of Scandinavians, i.e. LA, OH,
OZ, SM,
etc.