Topband: Thursday 25th January 2007 Conditions (VE3-Land)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Thursday 25th January 2007 Conditions (VE3-Land)
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:10:04 -0500
Good Day All,

Well, another great night of operating here in southern Ontario yesterday &
early this morning...!

An unsolicited call from SV3RF (my 160 DXCC 98) to me just before bedtime
reminded me of the importance of drinking water(!) before retiring...

Sure enough, at a little past local midnight (EST), I awoke to hear OY9JD
calling CQ, all alone, on 1821. After several attempts I made the contact, for
my 160 DXCC 99! Quite a difference on the frequency compared to when I heard
him earlier in the evening, when the North American DX'ers were wide awake &
out in full force!.

At this rate, two more glasses of H2O should get me to the magic 160 DXCC 100
marker in no time at all, Hi Hi.

The band seemed to be especially good last night to the former Soviet Union
countries --- I heard RX4HZ (very strong) & UR0MC, worked RD3ZC (who called
me), as well as RZ1AWT & LY2IJ, with each of the latter two being a very good
579.

Conditions certainly do seem to making penance for a dreadfully long "dry"
spell (no pun intended) back in December, and as long as the water supply here
holds up, I hope to take every advantage of it!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ