Re: Topband: QST Jun 06 RX Loop

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QST Jun 06 RX Loop
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:31:24 -0700
As most on this e-mail reflector, I read the QST article about the rx
loop with great interest.  I was amazed at what great lengths the author
went to in making sure his loop was well-"shielded".

I feel that a non-"shielded" loop will work just as well, plus it would
be easier to construct and to feed.

I also feel that the most useful information that one can glean from that
article is that a receiving loop can be used to minimized a noise source
by nulling it out.  His preamp design is also interesting.

73, de Earl, K6SE