Re: Topband: QST Jun 06 RX Loop

To: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QST Jun 06 RX Loop
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:46:01 +0000
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>

> I too was taken aback by the author's fantastic claims of 38dB nulls.  Wow!
> Can
> this be true?

I used to live on a hilltop that was line of sight to a 1080-kHz BC station a
few miles away. I had a large tiltable-rotatable unshielded tunable wire loop
that could null it >30 dB. _BUT_ this was a groundwave signal of non-varying
polarization. I suspect it's a small loop's ability to null by polarization
that accounts for its better s/n performance, and not the 'shield.'

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/