Re: Topband: Grounding, Cadweld One-Shot source

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Grounding, Cadweld One-Shot source
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 04:00:43 +0000
I have had good success using silver alloy brazing rods, the flat rods about
1/8" wide, and a MAPP gas torch.  The copper should be clean, but no flux is
required.

The rods are widely available at welding supply and plumbing shops.
According to today's codes, it is illegal to use lead/tin solder for copper
plumbing because of the danger of the lead leeching into drinking water.

I brazed together the buried ground system for my tower over 20 years ago
and it is still intact.

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/