Topband: Matching network help

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Matching network help
From: "Rick N6PE" <n6pe@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:53:16 -0700
Gents,

My current 160 antenna (if you can call it that) is an inverted "L" about 32'
up and 90 out.  I have a coil to ground and tapped the bottom to match the coax
feed line and the top to tune the antenna.

Can someone suggest a simple way to use it for 80 meters ? I can do a relay
switching or even manual change over. I'm thinking a series capacitor might
have to be pretty big and wide spaced to withstand a three tube Alpha 78.

Thanks,

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-