Topband: Grounding, Cadweld One-Shot source

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Grounding, Cadweld One-Shot source
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:19:38 GMT
I'm improving the grounding at my station and need a source for

Cadweld One-Shot devices.  I've cleaned out RF Connections of the

ones I can use.  I will be using 5/8" x 8' copper-clad rods.

Also, has anyone brazed the grounding wire (got a great deal on many

feet of #2) to the rod.  Suggestions regarding this method welcomed.

How much better is the exothermic technique compared to the mechanical

clamping method?

If I have to use direct-burial clamps, in a daisy-chain setup, do I

have to break the wire at each rod and use 2 clamps or can I just

go in the bottom and out the top using 1 clamp.

Crude diagram of what I regard as a "daisy chain" setup:

--- = wire     0 = ground rod

Thanks,

Tim