Re: Topband: MFJ-1026 Noise Cancellation

To: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>,<topband@contesting.com>, "Charles Bibb" <zedkay@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ-1026 Noise Cancellation
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:56:43 -0500
> That's reassuring Tom..... could not several nosie
cancellers in series do
> the job formultiple noise sources from different
directions...

No.

1.) The MFJ noise canceller, while the best on the market
**at this moment of time**, is a marginal design for IM
dynamic range and noise figure. I wouldn't cascade a series
of them.

2.) The sense antennas would have to be close to each noise
source if the noise arrived from different directional
angles. Each sense antenna would be required to NOT hear any
noise from other noise sources.

73 Tom