Topband: MFJ-1026 Noise Cancellation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MFJ-1026 Noise Cancellation
From: "Tod" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:33:09 -0600
Because of a sudden appearance of a line noise I had to get out my MFJ-1026
and set it up to cancel the RF intrusion while I wait for the power company
to replace the defective street light in a subdivision to the north of my
QTH. Those lamps when bad can certainly make an RF racket.

Since I had a 'built in" signal source I decided to look at the effect of
the MFJ-1026 nulling the noise using my spectrum analyzer (HP-141T and
8553B).

I made some notes and put the notes and a couple of pictures of the displays
on my web site at the following URL if anyone is interested.

Tod, KØTO

http://www.k0to.us/HAM/Noise/NoiseExample/MFJ-1026_example.htm