Topband: Different Pennant Transformers?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Different Pennant Transformers?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:51:22 -0500 (EST)
Am hoping to put up a couple of pennants this week or weekend. I have
access to a couple of transformer boxes and noticed something that to me
(the non-engineer), at least, is interesting if not confusing.

The K1FZ FB-5 is a 18:1 box and the K9AY TRX-16 is a 16:1 box.

Aside from the mechanical features (the AY box sure looks beefier) and
other prejudices one might have, is there any appreciable differences
between the two units?

I'll be feeding with either RG-59 or RX-8X, depending on which cables
reach <g> -- both will go into a KD9SV DXPedition preamp/switch.

Thanks!

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC