Topband: Building a practical vertical from Al tubing - Thanks!

Subject: Topband: Building a practical vertical from Al tubing - Thanks!
From: Thomas <ac7a@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:49:48 -0700
All,

I want to thank the people on the list that contributed to the
discussion about building a practical vertical from Al tubing. It is
clear that people have successfully constructed such verticals from
concentric fitting aluminum tubing, old low-band yagi booms and aluminum
irrigation line, with lengths from about 60 to 90 feet.

Currently, I am reviewing all the information and considering my
options. I did learn that there is a Rain-for-Rent in the general area,
so irrigation line may be an option for me. There were a number of
suggestions about coupling sections and also guying such antennas which
important if you plan on the antenna being up for a while!

I'll let the list know what I decide as I further investigate the
availability of materials. Thanks again.

'73, Thomas - AC7A (Tucson)