Re: Topband: New guy here

To: "steve d" <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New guy here
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:31:15 -0500
>   Well someone (or a few) were wondering if I am using a
low pass filter. I have the Kenwood model.

You would want a high pass, not a low pass. A high pass that
cuts off the AM BC band might help in rare situations, a
lowpass would never help. Unless you hear BC birdies all
over the band, I wouldn't worry about a high pass filter.

>   Ill have to go through and check the connections between
the wires for the loops. Since I know the relays are
working, maybe theres a bad connection on the RF end. Or it
could be my ground??

How far is the K9AY from other antennas and large metal
strutures and utility lines?? That's the most important
thing.

73 Tom