Re: Topband: New guy here

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: New guy here
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:19:06 -0800 (PST)
Well apparently I hit the jackpot for information regarding 160! I figured
since this reflector was published in ON4UN's low band dxing it was a good
place to go. Boy was I right!

  Well someone (or a few) were wondering if I am using a low pass filter. I
have the Kenwood model.

  Heres a little more detail of the K9AY loops. The center post is 26 feet of
4x4" pressure treated lumber. The wire is 12 guage, insulated, stranded copper.
The mathcing transformer is an ICE 180A (their beverage txfmr, multiple value
taps). I am using a 4ft ground rod, solid copper I believe. The rest of the
stuff is home brewed - switchbox and relay box. I know it works because I can
hear the antenna get disconnected for a second when I switch between
directions.

  Ill have to go through and check the connections between the wires for the
loops. Since I know the relays are working, maybe theres a bad connection on
the RF end. Or it could be my ground??

Steve, KC8QVO