Topband: WAGL

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: WAGL
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:56:27 -0500
I called WAGL in South Carolina again today. This is the
same station I called a few weeks ago at 1-803-283-8431

I'm really unhappy with the station owner. He absolutely
knows the 10kW transmitter is bad. The board operator told
me that transmitter has been kicking off and on the air
constantly. I told him that it not only was aggravating him,
it was also  trashing 1700kHz to 2000kHz with a  broad raspy
signal that could be heard in Macon GA.

When I search WAGL and Palmetto Broadcasting (
http://www.waglradio.com/ ), I see the FCC has issued fines
for other violations directly related to management not
being concerned about emergency equipment, log keeping, and
tower registration and lighting.

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2004/DA-04-2881A1.html

On CW today, this signal sounds like a loud spitting noise.
On AM, it sounds like modulation peaks causing arcing. maybe
they need another fine or some unhappy people calling.

73 Tom