Re: Topband: Arching Prevention

To: "Chortek, Robert L" <rlc@berliner.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Arching Prevention
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:30:05 -0500
> While on 160, the open contacts across the 80 meter relay arch,
> interfering (albeit intermittently) with 160 meter operation at the kw
> level.

I had the same problem, to the point where it burnt up my relays and the
inside of the relay box completely.  I tried using vacuum relays and the
array solutions relays.  The vacuum relays at least lasted a few days.  The
array solutions relays didn't last a few minutes.

I ended up giving up on it.  To switch to 160m, I have to go outside and
change a connecting cable.  I put a wing nut on it to at least make that
easy to do.  But, I sure wish I could just flip a switch from inside.

If anyone replies off the list, I would appreciate being included.

73,
Tom, NI1N