Re: Topband: Experiences with inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>, <K9SQG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Experiences with inverted L
From: "Dave B" <dborko@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:02:43 -0400
Last fall was my first time on 160M.

What you are asking about is close to what I am running. The vertical
segment is 60' and the horizontal is 75' with 16 - 60' radials on the grass.
>From what I gather reading the literature radials longer than the vertical
segment do not add much. Don't forget you'll need a series capacitor to tune
out the inductance. 2:1 VSWR bandwidth is ~ 60KHz.

As far as performance is concerned it played well in the in the contests (27
Countries, 48 states) and I use it for stateside rag chewing a few times a
week. It's a vertical so it's noisy. Local stations running dipoles are
always 1 - 2 S units quieter. Overall it's a great choice to get on the
band.

Next fall my plans are for an 80' T and beverages.

Good Luck,

--AA2GF--