Topband: Experiences with inverted L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Experiences with inverted L
From: K9SQG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:17:49 EDT
Fellow 160 meter enthusiasts,

I just joined the reflector and wonder if anybody could share their
experiences with inverted L antennas, something along the lines of what a 35-40
ft
vertical section and 90-100 ft horizontal section might perform like with say
16-25 radials, about 100 ft long, buried.  This is the antenna I'm planning to
erect, if it is worthwhile.  Modeling efforts of others indicate it has some
potential, not a barn-burner, but at least it would get me back on the band
after
a 35 year gap.  But with very limited time, I'd rather not put up an antenna
that will perform poorly for stateside contacts, hi.

73s,

Evan