Re: Topband: cattle-proofing

To: <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: cattle-proofing
From: "john battin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 22:32:20 -0500
I would use end posts 6x6 and put the wire down the side of the pole inside pvc
electrical tube and use a pvc electrical box at the bottom of the tube to house
either the transformer or the termination resistor. Regarding pattern,the
vertical leads will be no different than sloped wires and they are much much
easier to maintain.  Intermediate poles about 125 feet or so spaced could be
4x4. The beverage does not care, but they have to be strong enough that the
animals do not knock them over. I use copper-weld, and would prefer not to use
steel or anything galvinized.
John K9DX