Re: Topband: Conditions last night

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Conditions last night
From: "Luis Mansutti IV3PRK" <luisprk@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:37:02 +0100
Yes, conditions have been good the last three days from EU to the Western
states, but today they were not the best, despite the K index was down to
"zero".

Two days ago, Jan. the 5th, when I worked W2VJN in Oregon, the K index was 4
and George wrote on the Reflector:
>No telling when the band will open by looking at the WWV numbers!  Maybe
>bad is good?
That's still the same old ENIGMA!

This morning I came on the band too late (05.00 z.) and, after two QSO's
with K0RF and N7JW, I have been calling CQ and CQ without any reply.
After one hour I began to hear some "six's" calling, but I was unable to
rise them on the Pennant (Beverage and 4-square both too noisy!).
Than at 06.22 Dick, N6FF came up suddenly with a solid signal from
California!

That's TopBand ....never give up!

Luis, IV3PRK