RE: Topband: ARRL Bandwidth petition

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: ARRL Bandwidth petition
From: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:02:21 -0500
See Tom's comment below:

My comment is that I do NOT want to change the 40 meter allocations so that
Europeans can move up to 7.150 etc. Working simplex on 40 meters is a sure
way to eliminate competition for the East Coast from Gulf Coast and West
Coast contest ops. To suggest that it will make general QSOing easier only
reinforces the point. The chance of a Midwest or West coast op rag chewing
with EU stations on 40 when the East coast is not suffering a power blackout
is virtually nil.

The same considerations apply on 80 and 160. Viva la "split".

Tod, KØTO