RE: Topband: Erecting irrigation pipe

To: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>,GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>,topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Erecting irrigation pipe
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:43:23 -0800 (PST)
The top of my 90 footer is a little heavier. I use a 0.070 wall 40 foot pipe
for the gin pole with a double line pully system ala N6RK. It's all I can do to
raise the vertical the first few feet off the ground by myself. When I rebuild
it, I will either use a three line pully or a winch system.

Larry - W7IUV

Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com> wrote:

For my 60 foot (3 inch diameter) verticals, I use a
30 foot piece of 2 inch irrigation tubing as a gin pole.
It's a cinch to raise and lower it by hand. The 90
foot verticals require more sophistication, ie pulleys,
but are quite doable.

Rick N6RK