Re: Topband: Erecting irrigation pipe

To: topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Erecting irrigation pipe
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 04:54:50 -0800 (PST)
We had 7 irrigation pipe verticals at W3GM some years
ago. Four were for a 80M 4-square and the other three
were in a triangle array for 160M. All had hinged
bases and Gerry used a 24 ft aluminum ladder as a gin
pole. We would tie the bottom of the ladder to the
base and the back set of guys to the other end of the
ladder. They could easily be lowered for repair. One
year, we had to repair 3 of the 4 80M verticals in an
afternoon just before the ARRL DX contest. All this
after 18 inches of snow and heavy winds. The winds had
broken the tops off.

73, Stew K3ND