Re: Topband: VS6DO

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VS6DO
From: Bob Eldridge <r.c.eldridge@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:42:45 -0800

Paul had a remarkable signal, but suffered from big city noise level. His
noise might have been part of the problem.

But sometimes Paul pounced. One morning well after sunrise I was chatting with a W6 about that morning's DX, and Paul broke us on ssb and said we were both S9+. He was too for a few minutes.
The W6 and I made a sked for the same day at local noon and had a QSO.
That was probably in the early 80's, when we had +- sunrise openings to VK just about every day, often for more than an hour. Not as reliable as the current W8JI/VK3ZL daily effort, but comfortable roundtable chats.
It was even better ten years later - and I guess we are just heading into another spell of the same.

Bob VE7BS