Re: Topband: Beverages over Radials

To: "Clive GM3POI" <gm3poi@btinternet.com>,"Topbandreflektor" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverages over Radials
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:14:57 -0500
At 10:27 AM 1/7/04 +0000, Clive GM3POI wrote:
I'm thinking of a summer time makeover of all my 11 Rx antennas So I
will try for  the best layout possible to minimise the effect of 5 acres of
radials.

Have you considered a receiving 4-square or larger vertical array, to turn all those radials from a potential drawback to an advantage? W8JI has a lot of good info about how to do this with top-loaded small verticals on his web page, as well as figures of merit for a wide variety of possible receiving antenna designs. <www.w8ji.com>

73, Pete N4ZR Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm