Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DX window
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:13:18 -0500
EA6BF wrote:
>I agree with you all in the case supposed, and I don´t want to give
callsigns here, but if you checked the clusters you sure find spotters that
later won a plaque, firsts in their category (?!). How do you understand
this..? I cann´t..!

        Josep, as in life in general, some people believe winning "at all
costs" is the only thing.  Fortunately I believe these are very few.
When we submit a log or DXCC application, we usually sign a statement
that we have obeyed all the rules and operated our stations within the
governmental regulations for our country.  Stations cheating by using
Packet or running illegal power are usually quite obvious and well known
to others.  They are fooling nobody but themselves IMHO.

73 & HNY,

Bill W4ZV