Re: Topband: Cone of Silence

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>,"Milt Jensen, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Cone of Silence
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:44:57 -0500
> Because of the slope of a few degrees, both in the forward and reverse
> directions, of the element as it sags between supports over the majority
of
> its length.

If the slope height change is small compared to the length of the slope it
is unimportant, just like when the height of the vertical section is small
compared to the length of the antenna the vertical change is unimportant.

I think what Gary is talking about is the idea of doing all the slope in the
last 100 feet or less. I know that's what I mean.

73 Tom