Re: Topband: Phased Pennants: Staggered?

To: jmaass@columbus.rr.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Phased Pennants: Staggered?
From: Peter Hutter <phutter@Princeton.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:37:51 -0500
 Hi Jeff,
  Yes you can phase two or more pennants in a endfire or broadside
configuration, or  combination of both.  K2WI and I  successfully built
these arrays years ago.
      A hybrid directional coupler would be an excellent choice to feed
these systems.  You can use also use lumped elements to feed them. The
results of using lumped elements is that both phase and amplitude are
frequncy dependent, where only the amplitude of the 90
degree hybrid is frequency dependent. Also, the output ports of the
hybrid have a high
degree of isolation.

      73,
      Peter WW2Y