Topband: A/B testing K6se etc.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A/B testing K6se etc.
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue Jul 1 22:20:33 2003
> >Omni VI showed up as noise limited in the BDR test.
>
> >Do you find it not to be a problem, or have you not used the rig
> extensively in the
> situation where it might be a problem?
>
> Floyd: thanks for the note, I must say that I really have never noticed
the
> potential problem of the noise floor increasing under strong nearby
signals.

I noticed the phase noise problem here with one (as I recall it was an Omni
6 someone brought over) when it was side by side with a FT1000D and with my
Drakes (which absolutely beat everything for phase noise). It does have an
effect on signals, and is there on transmit also.

The effect makes it sound like even clean transmitting stations have keyed
noise.

73 Tom