Topband: Key clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Key clicks
From: tod at k0to.us (Tod Olson - Idaho)
Date: Sat May 10 13:37:57 2003
Eric, how about you drafting a letter to Yaesu that describes the problem
and suggests (1) what we would like in future products and (2) what we would
like to see as a modification to the FT1000MP series products.

Then,post a draft on the reflector and ask for people to provide an
endorsement e-mail sent to you. (you will probably have to suggest a draft
version so they know what you want).

Finally, produce the final draft of the letter to Yaesu, sign it and then
attach printouts of the e-mail endorsements.

This process will give us a method to comment directly to the manufacturer,
some specific details about the problem, some suggestions on what would be a
more acceptable design result, etc. In addition, the attachment of e-mail
endorsements provides the manufacturer some indication of the magnitude of
interest in dealing with this specific design issue.

Tod, K?TO