Topband: XQ6ET

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XQ6ET
From: W8UVZ at voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Mon May 5 21:39:46 2003
Several of you have been fortunate to work Bob, XQ6ET on top band in the
past few months.  I say that because Bob has been without an amp on top
band and runs less than 100 w to a very modest 160 M antenna.

He has been very consistent on 80 M and will willing QSY to top band
when asked.  Even initiating the QSY in many cases.

But Bob has trouble rx QSLs and keeping up with the paperwork, having
just had a new baby in his modest Chilean farm house.  In that regard, I
will be helping him with QSL chores in foreseeable future.

Also the "Battle Creek low band group" (W0CD, K8GG and I) will ship Bob
a KW amp for 160 M soon - ultimately at an expense of abt $600 to us.
We hope this will increase the possibility that many of the low band
deserving will get a shot at XQ6ET next season.

With CE rare on CW, it is a blessing to have this guy pound away at 80 &
160 M.  Zone 12 has never come very easily.

We're making a low key appeal for donations, with or with QSL requests -
any amount appreciated.  QSLs for XQ6ET(and donations) should go to
W8UVZ.

Tks

73  George  W8UVZ