Topband: Low RX Dipole

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Low RX Dipole
From: k3lr at k3lr.com (Tim Duffy K3LR)
Date: Mon May 5 20:52:53 2003
Hi Gale!

It all depends on what other antennas you have.  I have had up a 14 ft
high 1/2 wave dipole on 160 for many years. It has always impressed me
as a high angle antenna which limits its prime effectiveness to gray
line use. I also use it in tandem with other antennas and the MFJ
receive antenna noise canceling W8JI magic box (also an effective
antenna phasing unit). My low dipole's claimed fame was a sunrise QSO
with KH2. No other antenna (1100' beverage, vertical array, etc.) could
hear the KH2, but he was 569 on the low dipole.

73!
Tim K3LR