Topband: Rx Antenna protection FT-1000MP

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rx Antenna protection FT-1000MP
From: fdavis@nf.sympatico.ca (Frank Davis)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:34:51 -0000
I have the service manual here for the FT1000MP but I can't tell whether =
or not the RX antenna is grounded during transmit. Does anyone out there =
know?? I am using a loop receive antenna on 160M and don't have any =
outboard protection on it at present.  Running 100W only and the loop is =
about 30ft from the vertical section of my Inv "L" and directly =
underneath the horizontal section.

Frank VO1HP

multipart/alternative
  text/html