Topband: Beverage Wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Wire
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:37:58 -0400
I have to comment that I've had  very poor experience with #14 stranded from
the same source.  It stretches and breaks very easily.  I tore it out after
one year and replaced it with copperweld ladder line (I went bidirectional)
with excellent results.

If you go the Home Depot route, I would recommend the solid wire over the
stranded - stronger and easier to repair.

73,
Barry N1EU

>From: "Tom Cathey" <k1jj@snet.net>

>I use #14 stranded and insulated (PVC coated) spools of wire from Home
>Depot
>costing $12.77 / 500' spool. (Electrical Supply dept)   - hard to beat that
>price.. :-)

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.? Join now!