Topband: TOP BAND RECEIVING ANTENNAS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TOP BAND RECEIVING ANTENNAS
From: lremigio@commsearch.com (Lionel Remigio)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 02:57:21 +0000
Tim:
I installed one month ago my K9AY antennas from the same provider.

To be honest....I was impressed with the way it works and how easy to
install.

I'm able to null not only stations in 160 and 80 meters but MW stations in
the broadcast band are the best test for this antenna. I can null ANY
station from Cuba ( I'm in Miami) and switching that wire..I can null any US
station in the same frequency.

I have the 4 way loop and is the best for users with small spaces and the
tipical backyard (normal city lots) around the country in urban or suburban
areas where space is a " De Luxe" item for all us.

My installation in on the roof. Everybody said my installation is the first
they know has been setup in a roof since Gary ( K9AY itself) recomends
ground installation BUT if you connect a good ground and laid some radials
below the wires and around ( I have 8 wires) the antenna will perform fine.

I guess mine picks more noise in the roof and I have a second head/box
control ordered also from Array Solutions in order to make a second
installation but this time in the backyard, close to a lake I have in my
property. The purpose of the second antenna will be testing this one against
the roof setup to see how much difference in noise versus the ground
installation.

You can find many interesting details, tricks and modifications  about the
K9AY loop here:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/loop/k9ay/

And this is a forum about the K9AY only:

After the results I got with the K9AY loop in the first installation, 4 days
later ( after my first order) I went for the second unit....

Amazing results!!!!

Lionel Remigio, KC4CLD
President
Communications Research Group, Inc