Topband: HO1A 160m Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HO1A 160m Report
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (dj7aa-wil@t-online.de)
Date: 22 Sep 2000 14:10 GMT
Hello friends,

after one week with mostly very bad wx (flash and thunder) all night
long was this morning really a surprise.
I started on 160 around 0230 on 1824.5 and found the band vy clean
here on the beverage. After CQing nice US pile starting. Signals
where good readable. Also the first EU opening today. 9A2TW and
IK7MCJ coming nice vy early.
After a short break to 80m (where the band was hot also)I come back
at 0400 UTC, and what a opening, EU signals rolling over here,
wkd more than 70 today in just one hour..

I also came back as every morning on my sunrise, to try JA
and VK/ZL, but nothing anymore. I was called by Rex ZL3REX but no copy
at all. So hope we geting another good day ore two before we leave.

So next activity will be the night from monday to thuesday. This
weekend we are busy in the RTTY contest, so no 160m.

73 and tnx for calling

Wil DJ7AA