Topband: 450 Ohm Two Wire EWE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 450 Ohm Two Wire EWE
From: rgarrett@sunlink.net (Bob Garrett)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:22:58 -0400
Greetings,

Over the past few years, I have had success with a 50 foot EWE on JA.  I was
wondering if I could make this antenna bi-directional by making the EWE from
450 ohm open wire line and having a matching transformer and termination at
both ends.  Of course, I would need two feed lines but, the advantage would
be to use one set of supports for an antenna that hopefully would hear in
two directions.  The only thing that immediately comes to mind is possible
interaction between the two systems. Your input is appreciated.

73, Bob K3UL