Topband: TopBand Receivers

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TopBand Receivers
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:19:55 -0700
Hi, Barry,

Surprisingly, the 25-year old Drake R-4C is reportedly the best receiver
from a survey I took on the Web a couple of years ago.  But not the stock
R-4C -- you want one that has the Sherwood mods incorporated, especially
the 600-Hz first IF xtal filter.

I don't know if Bob Sherwood still supplies the mods for the R-4C, but
he's still alive and kicking.  A year or so ago I ran across his Web site
where he had a table of receiver comparisons (the Sherwood R-4C was still
#1).  You can probably find his Web site if you search for it.

73, de Earl, K6SE

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagh.