Topband: TopBand Receivers

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TopBand Receivers
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:17:13 EDT
I'm thinking of supplementing my current TopBand receive capability
(FT1000MP) by bringing an R4-C or 75A4 into the op position as an additional
160M receiver.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can appraise the
TopBand cw worthiness of either of these thoroughbreds.  I've only briefly
auditioned the R4-C and 75A4 on TopBand and they seemed to have great
potential for allowing signals to be readable in the presence of high QRN.
If anyone has used either of these receivers (or another receiver???) with
success in this regard, your comments would be gratefully received.

Tnx/73,
Barry  N1EU