Topband: Using CT for the SP TDC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Using CT for the SP TDC
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:08:08 +0000
N5UL wrote:

>A reflector member asked how I use CT for the Stew.

        Just to add to your comments, here is how to use the program
SPSCORE.EXE available at  http://jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html

1.  Open your log in CT (yes the ARRL VHF works fine).  Type AK1AFORMAT
in the call field, QUIT the log and look in your CT directory.  There
will be a file ******.ASC where ****** is what you named your file.
Open this file and count the # of spaces from the left margin to the
first character of the call and grid squares.

2.  Load your .ASC file and SPSCORE.EXE in the same directory.  Type
SPSCORE and enter the following:

a.  Name of your .ASC file, i.e.  ******.ASC
b.  Cursor position of calls in the .ASC file (probably 1)
c.  Cursor position of grids in the .ASC file (probably 42)
d.  Your home grid
e.  The name of an output file if you want it.

3.  SPSCORE then computes QSO points, dupes, valid QSO's and writes an
output file if you requested it.

        It's easier to use than to describe it.  The only trick is to
carefully count the cursor positions in 2 b&c above.  I use CT 9.27
and 1 and 42 worked for me.

        Good luck to all in the contest...I may hand out a few DM95's
but will not be in it full time this year (been spending too much time
in contests on 10, hi).

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV