TopBand: "Best" Receiver for 160 Work

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: "Best" Receiver for 160 Work
From: Clive Penna" <clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (Clive Penna)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 11:16:04 -0000
Hi Nelson, If you don't want to loose a lot of friends forget the
Omni Clix  I've not heard one yet that does not have them on the LF
side. And with 160m signal levels at times you could be unpopular.
Tentec by now might have fixed the latest versions but be careful.
I have both a FT1000D and  FT1000mp. I prefer the D because of its
little used facility to run the 2nd Receiver in Diversity and in stereo.
I use this facility with Rx antennas going into the 2nd Rx. So for my money
on the LF bands go with a rig that has Diversity, that should
narrow the field down. HNY Clive GM3POI