TopBand: XZ1N

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N
From: n6ff@snowcrest.net (Dick Wolf)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:26:50 -0800

Hi All,

Talked with the operators at XZ1N tonight, they are aware on some east
coast USA stations them around the 2300Z time, and will point a receiving
antenna in your direction.  They did not have a very productive night,
nly 7 QSO's, 3 with USA and 4 in Oceania.  Nice to see some W5' & W0's in
the log, be nice to see some W1-W4's, and Canadians.

They will only be operating on 1824.5 and QSX 1828.5 for the rest of the
trip.  They will not transmit on 1805 any more.  They request that
stations call continously until he responds to a callsign.  Requests
calling 200 or 300 Hz above and below 1828.5

The time from 1700-2100Z, if no signals available, op will either take a nap
or QSY to 80M CW.

I was up bright & early looking for XU1A, but no show here.  The wind was
blowing 60 mph, raining sideways, and had difficulty hearing XZ, but he
popped right out of the noise near sunrise to a 579, and my QRN dropped to
almost zero.  Maybe tomorrow . . .

I am a little behind in answering my E-Mails, I will try to get them all
answered today.  Still a working man here, hi.  I see the website has the
new entries, there is a mistake or two, my fat fingers, but tonight's log
should be pretty close.

73 & Good Luck - Dick - N6FF