TopBand: 9M2AX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9M2AX
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:40:06 EDT
Bill & the Gang,

Ross, 9M2AX, arrived in Danbury, CT just fine last Thursday at 5PM.  W1RM Pete
and W1NG Ken joined us and we all had a nice dinner at Red Lobster in Danbury,
CT (30 miles to my EAST).

Ross spent the night here at my NY qth but was NOT interested in operating.  I
did get him to listen to a little 75 phone the next morning at my sunrise when
VK3DZM was around 30 db over S9.  That seemed to wake him up......

We had breakfast and then headed for Cape Cod.

Along the way, we stopped at ARRL HQ where Ross met K1ZZ, had a tour of HQ and
W1AW and then we had lunch with K5FUV, Bill Kennamer at a local Chili's.

We arrived on Cape Cod in time for dinner at a local seafood spot I like near
Pleasant Bay.  Later that night Jack, W1WEF, joined us for coffee and dessert
and we chatted until around 11PM - and then crashed - both POOPED!

Ross did manage a few CQ's on 160M from K1ZM/1 working W8LRL, W1JR and one or
two more.

On Saturday morning we had breakfast and then visited the Marconi station site
in South Wellfleet where Ross took quite a lot of pictures - noting that it
was a "GOOD QTH!!!!!!!!"  over and over.........

Ross even managed to collect a "sliver" of one of the 200' old Marconi wooden
towers as a souvenir.  He was pretty delighted about that as they are now
nearly 95 years old.

We had time for a SHORT tour of the area and a walk along the beach at my
place.  Then it was time for him to hop on his bus bound for Hyannis and
Boston's South Station.

He planned to meet up with his wife in Boston that afternoon and was planning,
last I heard, to head for VE1ZZ early in the week.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting one of the 160M BEACONS from SE Asia - he is a
fine fellow and was an interesting guest.  I also enjoyed looking at the
videos he shot of your place - especially the segment of the coyotes at
sunset.

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com