[Fwd: TopBand: Vertcal V Dipole]

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: TopBand: Vertcal V Dipole]
From: w9vne@fuse.net (James S. Danehy)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 22:44:05 -0500
vk3ajj wrote:

> VK6VZ WROTE:
>
> "To give you an idea how poorly verticals perform here on 160m,

> Another important (non-scientific) factor
>
> This post is not intended as a shot at Steve (or VK6IM who I don't know)
> but simply highlights some of the more practical (as opposed to
> theoretical) aspects of antenna comparison.
>
> Paul (vk3ajj)

Paul
Steve said that in VK6 the horizontal antennas appear to work better
than verticals. You indicate that it is important to have a scientific
basis for how things work. With horizontals working better "down under"
than verticals. Here in the northern hemisphere we find that verticals
work better on the long haul for 160 mtr DX. Nature has a way of
balancing things out. Having verticals work better in the northern
hemisphere and horizontals work better in the southern hemisphere is an
example of mother nature balancing things out.

I do not know the symbol for "tongue in cheek" comments is do you ?

73

Jim W9VNE
Cincinnati,
OHIO USA