TopBand: Elevated GP vs. Vertical Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Elevated GP vs. Vertical Antennas
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 21:58:21 -0600
At 09:02 PM 3/21/98 EST, you wrote:

>Interesting tho about the zero signal beneath the radials....how high
they?

The building is 13-14 stories. Atop is a full-sized, four legged self-
support tower. The operating freq is around 1210 khz. (Spokane hams,
please help me with the freq. and call sign!) The 120 radials are
connected together at the base of the tower. (about 140 feet in the
air) I doubt if the FCC allowed them to have less than 120 radials.
However, they ate loosing their supports at the far end of the radials.
Origonally, they all sloped down to about the 50 foot level, and were
attached to buildings all around the block surrounding the antenna.
Several buildings have been razed and turned into parking lots, so some
of the radials slope at steeper angles now on one side of the building.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

"To do is to be".....Sartre
"To be is to do".....Aristotle