TopBand: Sources of radial wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Sources of radial wire
From: n9dx@michiana.org (Larry Higgins)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 00:34:13 -0500
Ref my saying that galvanized will work (pure surmise on my part) and
aluminum has its problems; and N4KG's experience with aluminum that worked
well: that's good information, Tom, and thanks for the post.

I see that you also have done OK with aluminum TV cable.  Near here, NQ9Q
tried that and it didn't last a year before the soil ate it.  You have
yours in open trenches.  Maybe that's the key.  I've got a huge spool of
it, and was planning to put down plastic pipe to contain it.  Maybe the
open trench will save me a lot of work.

It also makes me wonder whether the soil here might be highly acidic.

73,

Larry, N9DX