TopBand: Sources of radial wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Sources of radial wire
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:26:27 EST
SNIP

>There is a way
>to retard the electrolysis, though.  If you use an antioxidant
>compound (such
>as Penetrox or Cramolin) you can slow the process down significantly.
>I think
>this is the joint compounds you refered to Larry.
>
>73................de Goose W8AV

This is also excellent to use on tower legs while erecting. Even if not
used as a shunt fed it makes disassembly much easier. Although off topic
it also works well on telescoping elements and Cushcraft aluminun SO-239
connectors.

Back on topic...is the copperweld fence wire still available? In years
past it was reported to be pretty good stuff.

I buy my radial wire from a local scrap yard. They often have 5000' +
spools of  #16 and  # 18 at very low prices....even less if it is Teflon
insulated. Even smaller sizes can be utilized for on ground use. The
Teflon is usually silver plated ...something about chemical reactions
with Teflon and tin plate or copper I think...

73  Carl  KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]