TopBand: MIXING ELEVATED and on the GROUND RADIALS ??????

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: MIXING ELEVATED and on the GROUND RADIALS ??????
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 19:51:30 EST
I remember seeing old article on experiments and measurements of elevated
radials over various conductivity ground. The current in the elevated radials
seemed to vary with conductivity under the radials.
Marty W3YOF (?) has extensive (120?) radials on the ground (+ salt water
marsh) and then elevated radials, with balloon/kitoon vertical. According to
his experience this gives him the best performance.

(I use inverted Vee up in the tree at 35' and DogLoop 1" in the ground for
receiving antenna. Occasionaly when no wind on contest weekend, balloon
vertical with 4 elevated radials (top of the roof) flies.)
73 Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV