TopBand: MIXING ELEVATED and on the GROUND RADIALS ??????

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: MIXING ELEVATED and on the GROUND RADIALS ??????
From: kn4ab@home.com (George M. Roberts)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 13:38:49 -0500
I have the same questions however my vertical section is only about
35 feet high.  Can I put the vertical section next to my home and
then put a 20 ft mast on top of the gable end, or will this
make the antenna inefficient?  Does the vertical section
have to be out in the clear?

I am also going to use elevated radials, and can they be used
with ground radials as well? Same question.  I also have
some 8 ft grounds rods that I am going to tie in.

I intend to resonate both the L and the elevated radials at the
op frequency.

Anxious to get on 160.

George  KN4AB/2

ex WB2BEV