TopBand: Signals on 1.640 MHz: DFW?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Signals on 1.640 MHz: DFW?
From: jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Jeffrey Maass)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
I was tuning around below 160M for signals with which to test my
Beverages, and at around 0130Z found a signal at 1.640 MHz that gave departure
gates for flights to many cities around the US. I believe I heard them
identify themselves as being for Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) airport, and it
definately was strongest on my Southwest Beverage. Can someone confirm this?

I heard a similar station on 1.680 MHz.

Does anyone know a source for information on stations above 1.600 MHz?
There seem to be a number of AM stations (including broadcast stations?)
in this range, judging by the signals heard tonight. I have the National Radio
Club's AM Station Map Book for stations below 1.600 MHz, but nothing for
stations above.

Something on the Web would be wonderful!

73,

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!

 -
 ---