TopBand: Slinky

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Slinky
From: mn.uswest.net@mpls1.mn.uswest.net (dhagert@mn.uswest.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 10:30:33 +0000
I have been following the discussion on using the slinky for a
beverage antenna.  I do not profess to being an antenna expert, but I
always find it easier to put the antenna up and do "on the air"
testing  before I draw any forgone conclusions from the "experts" that
have never erected one.  Theory on paper is just that.

I went to the local Target store and found they have the 3"
diameter ones.  After purchasing them, I found they are 90 turns @
2.84" O.D. , which equates to 67 feet of wire per slinky.

I would like to find out where the orginal article was published so I
can install them per the article for comparison.  Any help that can
be made available will be appreciated.

Flames will be ignored.

73's
Dale W0IR